The American Council of Engineering Companies of Vermont, or ACEC/VT is a Member Organization of the American Council of Engineering Companies, the National organization of engineering firms engaged in the practice of independent consulting engineering.
Individual members are professionally licensed practicing design professionals who are sole proprietors, principals, or partners of Member firms. ACEC/VT has 27 Member firms which employ more than 420 staff in Vermont offices. ACEC/VT has 9 Affiliate firms which also belong to ACEC Member organizations(s) in another state(s) and do not have an office in Vermont. ACEC/VT currently has one Associate firm that provides professional services that are complimentary to the services of Member and Affiliate Member firms.
Professional Engineers practice is regulated by the Vermont Secretary of State, Board of Professional Registration
ACEC/VT firms are dedicated to providing quality services to clients and maintaining successful businesses which contribute to a strong, vibrant economy in Vermont. To achieve these goals, ACEC/VT firms are committed to:
- Qualifications Based Selection (QBS for procuring engineering services).
- Participating in Legislative and Government Policy Issues
- Liaison with state and local agencies; ACEC/VT maintains close contact with state and local agencies through committees that meet on a regular basis.
- Enhancing public awareness of the key roles that ACEC/VT Professional Engineering firms have in creating a safe, and environmentally sensitive built environment, through the annual ACEC/VT Engineering Excellence Awards Program
- Maintaining strong links with Vermont’s colleges to provide employment opportunities for Vermont’s future engineering industry leaders.
- Sponsor seminars, conferences and workshops; Our Annual Meeting, monthly membership meetings, and seminars give members of the profession an opportunity to come together and discuss common matters of concern and share valuable information.